Alabama Department of Environmental Management has new requirements regarding water tanks. These new requirements take effect April 14, 2022.
Let Southern Corrosion help with your compliance.
- Public water systems shall develop and implement a written maintenance plan for all water storage tanks, including scheduling of inspections and cleaning. Including methods for disinfecting the water storage tank after inspection/cleaning
- All storage tanks constructed prior to January 1, 2022 shall have an initial inspection/cleaning under this regulation by December 31, 2027
- All storage tanks constructed on or after January 1, 2022 shave have an initial inspection/cleaning under this regulation completed no later than 5 years after construction.
- All storage tanks shall be inspected. Cleaned at least once every 5 years following the set of the initial inspection/cleaning under this regulation
- Specifications of coatings
- No storage facility may be returned to service until all significant deficiencies have been repaired. A significant deficiency is any deficiency where there is potential for the water to become contained.
- All inspection and summary reports shall be signed by a qualified tank inspection professional.