Southern Corrosion, Inc. was founded in 1983 with a new vision for the care and maintenance of water tanks and water towers. We create customized water tank maintenance programs that provide better asset management, better cash flow, and better value for tank owners throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast. Our mission is to provide quality maintenance services to the water supply industry in a safe and efficient manner. Southern Corrosion employs a diverse team of individuals dedicated to our mission by offering an excellent salary and benefit package, such as health, dental and 401K. If you’re dedicated, willing to travel, and ready to work for an organization that cares about you, we have an opening for water tower painter.
- Cleans, scrapes, wire brushes, pressure wash, or abrasive blast surfaces in preparation for water tank painting
- Mixes paint, rigs, erects, or moves manual, pneumatic, or electric power operated scaffolding and staging.
- Applies under and finish coats with brush, roller, or spray equipment
- Operates and maintains mechanical equipment used to rig, clean and paint structural water towers
- Use tools and equipment needed in erecting and moving heavy scaffolds and scaffold machines related to water tower painting and maintenance
- Cooperation and communication with the Foreman and other water tank maintenance crew members due to the safety and the nature of the job
- Although a painter may have minimum contact with the public, a painter’s activities are highly visible to the traveling public and must project a favorable image
- Use equipment related to water tower painting such as air compressors, paint pumps, pressure washers, Sky Climber motors, Spyder staging, sandblast pots, paint guns and automatic sandblast controls
- Maintain safety and adhere to OSHA rules and regulations at all times
High school diploma or equivalent preferred, experience in painting water towers or industrial steel painting would be helpful, but not mandatory. A valid driver’s license is also preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
Physical agility, strength, and must be able to work at height levels up to 250 feet. Work schedule is determined by the weather. Extensive travel is also required.
Please click the blue button below to fill out a short web-form and be considered for this unique opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit podio.com.